Friday, June 25, 2010

Remember The Time




It has really been a year since he has been gone. I remember last year…

That morning I left my house, to head down to school. There was nothing on the radio so I decided to pick a random CD out of my holder. It was my Michael Jackson mix that I had made with all of my favorites. I remember driving down 95 in traffic, and not having a care in the world because I was jamming. I even looked over at another car, and a woman started laughing because I was dancing.

A few hours later I left my first class and went to go meet up with one of my friends. I then got a phone call from my sister saying that something happened to Michael and it was on the radio. I wasn’t in my car so I went to my friend’s room and turned on CNN. I remember praying for him the entire time they were reporting. When the actually said he was gone, I felt numb. I felt stuck. I couldn’t go to my night class because I know the my professor would not have any of my attention.

Michael was my favorite singer since birth. I truly did love him, and supported him when no one did. To be honest I don’t want to believe he is gone.

The radio played Who’s loving you today, and tears fell down my face. I will never forget him or his legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment